10 Reasons To Visit Warrandyte - Insiders Guide
Looking for ideas of what to do around Melbourne this weekend? There's a plenty of reasons why it's worth the trip out to Warrandyte (aside from visiting us)
1. The Drive. If you enjoy country drives and windy roads here's a nice scenic route to take you from Melbourne out to Yarra Glen via Warrandyte and back to the city. Drive time: 2hrs return.
2. Winter + Wine + Fireplace = Perfection. For lunch check out La Sala @ Olivigna. Highly recommend the Gnocci with Meatballs.
3. The Park. Did you know Warrandyte State Park is the closest State Park to Melbourne? It's a haven for picnickers, bushwalkers, canoeists, birdwatchers and those who enjoy peace and solitude. Beautiful landscape design.
4. The Market. On the first Saturday of every month you can check out the Warrandyte Market. Have a coffee, eat a Gozleme, buy something you didn't know you needed, repeat.
6. Coffee & Breakfast. Check out the recently opened Now and Not Yet (NANY) cafe.
7. Get Married. Okay so it's probably a bit short notice for THIS weekend, maybe you haven't met Mr or Mrs Right just yet but worth keeping in mind. Check out Farren and Matt's gorgeous Warrandyte Garden Wedding.
8. The Berries. If you're headed out this way during berry season it would be rude not to stop by the Warrandyte Berry Farm for home made ice cream and fresh strawberries.
9. Gold Panning. For something a bit left of centre... that's right ladies and gentlemen, you are allowed to pan for gold in Anderson's Creek! If 'Panning' (as insiders call it) is not your thing well you can watch other people trying to strike it lucky.
10. Homing Instincts. Sorry but we just had to. We're open on weekends, Saturday 10:00am - 5:30pm and Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm
Address - 270 Yarra Street, Warrandyte VIC 3113
Phone - (03) 9844 2883
- Jackson Lane