These reusable adult-sized cotton face masks are now available in some of your favourite Monsterthreads designs.
The 3 layers of different fabric provided may help slow the spread of airborne droplets and other particles and have been QC tested.
The mask does not contain any replaceable filter, it just requires a normal cold to 30 degree wash.
Size: One Size - Adult
Dimensions (mask area): 12 x 16 cm
Outer layer - Fine Polycotton
Inner Layer (touching face) - Fine Cotton
Middle Filtering Layer - a Non Woven Microfiber Fabric of polyester, polyproplene, nylon, spandex and acrylic.
This is NOT A MEDICAL GRADE face mask and should not be used in a medical setting.
Some usage tips:
- Before putting on a mask, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
- Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Swap the mask will a clean one as soon as it is damp.
- To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of mask); clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
Cloth masks, if worn correctly, may be useful to help slow spread of pathogens through droplets associated with coughing and sneezing, including those commonly associated with colds, flus and COVID-19.
In particular, they are most useful when worn by the person who is infected as it will slow the spread of viral particles in droplets from that person.
From The Australian Medical Association:
AMA is advising residents in Melbourne that mask use, where physical distancing cannot be guaranteed, is another useful tool, when combined with physical distancing, to limit COVID-19 transmission.
From the mayo clinic:
Asking everyone to wear cloth masks can help reduce the spread of the coronavirus by people who have COVID-19 but don't realize it. And countries that required face masks, testing, isolation and social distancing early in the pandemic seem to have had some success slowing the spread of the virus.
From the US CDC:
CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, such as grocery stores, pharmacies, and gas stations.
Cloth face coverings may slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others.